If your cell phone gets wet, do the following:
- Turn it off immediately if it is still powered on so as to prevent the damage due to short circuit.
- Take out SIM card, SD cards or other peripheral devices or components
- Wipe out water from the external surface including ports and openings with a dry cloth.
- Take out the battery if it is possible or convenient to do so.
- To dry out the water or moisture inside the phone, put it on the dashboard of the car parked on the sun and leave it there for 4-6 hrs. Your phone should be hot enough to evaporate the moisture inside the phone.
- Try powering on the phone. If your phone flickers, immediately power it off and let it lay on the dashboard longer.
Note: The drying technique using dry rice mentioned in most of the blogs may either take longer or damage your phone